MESSAGE TO OUR PATIENTS REGARDING CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
At Berkeley Pediatrics, we are monitoring the coronavirus situation closely, and are in touch with our local public health officials and infectious disease departments.
Currently, the best precautions you can take to protect yourself and your family are as follows:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Current CDC guidelines are that testing for COVID-19 is only indicated if you have a fever and cough AND have traveled to China within the last 14 days OR have had known contact with someone infected with COVID-19. Berkeley Pediatrics does NOT have the ability to test for this illness at present time, as all testing is being done through the CDC.
Anyone who has traveled to mainland China in the last 14 days and develops a fever and lower respiratory symptoms, such as a cough or shortness of breath, should CALL our office to discuss these symptoms with their provider BEFORE visiting the office.
For travel considerations, please follow the CDC guidelines and travel advisories. You may check updated guidelines with this link: www.cdc.gov/travel
At present time, the risk for coronavirus in our area remains low. There are many other common illnesses circulating in our area and we should all work together to try and keep our community as healthy as possible by following the above recommendations. If you have any concerns after reviewing the above information, please do not hesitate to call or send us a message on MyChart.